Danbury Prospect Charter School will be a 6-12 college preparatory community where excellent teachers prepare a diverse student body to have a positive impact on society and a lifelong passion for learning. Starting with 6th grade, Danbury Prospect Charter School will grow a grade each year.
PROPOSED Opening Date: Fall 2020 | PROPOSED Location: TBA
Making a Case for DPCS
Danbury Prospect Charter School will bring a world-class middle and high school program to a community that has been vocal about the need for additional school choice options.
Danbury’s community leaders and families have been integral in supporting the formation of the school, as the city’s student population continues to grow and as Danbury’s population becomes increasingly diverse. Prospect Schools believes that truly diverse schools provide greater opportunities for students to learn from one another, so we create inclusive learning environments that make students and families feel connected, empowered and engaged in the school community.
We will create such an environment in Danbury by combining the community’s unique needs and characteristics with our ten years of experience establishing, growing, and managing four highly successful schools in Brooklyn.
We design our curriculum around the pillars of the rigorous International Baccalaureate program, creating a learning environment that challenges students to engage their curiosity and develop sound judgment and critical thinking skills. Danbury Prospect will be the first school in the region to offer the IB program.
When entering Danbury Prospect Charter School, visitors will observe the power of diversity in action. We are intentional in supporting diversity, and as such we will serve the socioeconomically and ethnically diverse families that make up the city of Danbury.
Founded on the principle that the single most important factor that leads to a successful school is great, experienced teachers, Danbury Prospect is committed to hiring, training and retaining excellent educators.
Prospect Schools Core Values
Develop sound judgment and intellect by asking questions confidently and thinking critically.
Support others by grounding every action in empathy while championing equity and inclusion in our work.
Grow and learn by solving problems with determination, creativity and tenacity.
Succeed by approaching challenges with excitement, enthusiasm and self-assurance.
In The News
- Danbury News-Times A tax-free option for dealing with Danbury’s extra students
- Danbury News-Times Fund new charter school and relieve Danbury overcrowding
- Danbury News-Times Danbury schools need some relief
- Danbury News-Times Funding for Danbury charter school should be approved
- Danbury News-Times Danbury Prospect Charter School Should Be Funded
- Danbury News-Times Open Letter: To our friends & neighbors in Danbury
- Danbury News-Times Danbury Charter School Clears Major Hurdle, Faces Uphill Climb
- Education Post Opening These Two New Schools Would Give Connecticut Parents What They Deserve: A Choice
- CT Viewpoints Danbury, Norwalk need these two new proposed charter schools
- Danbury News-Times Dozens come out to support, question Danbury charter school proposal
- Tribuna A New Public School Option For Danbury
- Danbury News-Times Danbury charter school proposal clears first state hurdle
- Danbury News-Times Danbury charter school proposal in the works
- Tribuna A New Option is Emerging in Danbury
- Danbury Patch What the Charter School RFP Release Means for Danbury
- Danbury News-Times State Should Allow More Charter Schools